搜尋此網誌

2012年10月27日 星期六

Adopting a Pet - What a Great Thing to Do


Have you ever thought about getting a pet? Many people go into the pet stores and see all those adorable little animals and want to buy one right away. I know I am a sucker for the cute cuddly puppies. If you really look around a pet store and look at the conditions that the animals live in, it should make you think twice about buying from a pet store.

There are so many shelters for so many different types of animals. Animal shelters aren't just for dogs and cats. If you do some research you can find a shelter for just about any kind of animal including a hamster or guinea pig all the way to bigger farm animals such as horses or goats.

Adopting an animal from a shelter is a very rewarding experience. My family and I just did this in April and coming from personal experience, the dog we got is the best dog I think I have ever owned and I have always had dogs so I have had quite a few. I was so impressed with the local shelter that we got our dog from that my husband and I are going to start volunteering there. The shelter was much cleaner than any pet store I have ever been in and the people at any shelter take these animals in because they care about animals, not just their bottom line.

Adopting an animal from a shelter is usually cheaper than buying one from a pet store and a very big added bonus to adopting is that you know the animal you are getting has been looked at by a vet. Most if not all shelters have their animals seen by a vet and all the proper vaccinations done before an animal can leave the shelter and all animals have to be spayed or neutered before they can be adopted. Both of those things are huge incentives to adopt because you know you are getting a healthy animal.

Adopting a pet is one of the most rewarding things you could ever do. You help save the life of some poor defenseless animal and you get a loving companion in exchange for your kindness. Adopt a pet today!




By: Amy Melton




1 則留言:

  1. A useful article on how to use images to increase Google search ranking.Optimization of images so that search engines can index them properly.However, if you want to buy a custom logo click here.
    logo online

    回覆刪除