搜尋此網誌

2012年6月17日 星期日

Choosing Pet Health Insurance


With the escalating costs of health care for pets, pet health insurance is becoming more popular. The most difficult questions that face dog owners are...


Which insurance provider should I choose.
Which plan offers the best coverage for my dog?
Will having pet health insurance save me money?

Let's take a closer look at these questions. I'll try to provide you with some insight as well as answers.

Choosing A Pet Insurance Provider

A search online will yield dozens of companies and organizations that offer health care for your pets. Many offer very similar coverage options and monthly premiums. Not all are reliable when it comes time to pay the bill. You will have to really do your homework before deciding on a provider.

The first thing you need to know is exactly how pet health insurance works. It is not the same as health insurance for people. With pet insurance you'll need to pay the medical bill yourself at the time of service. Only then can you submit the bill to the insurance provider for reimbursement. The amount you are reimbursed by the insurance company varies. It is usually between 80 and 90 percent of the total bill.

When it comes to health insurance for your pet, every individuals circumstances are unique. This makes it impossible for me to say exactly which provider is best for you. As I said, you'll need to do a little research on your own.

I can recommend the pet health care insurer that I use myself. I carry the pet insurance offered by the ASPCA. They offer several affordable plans and your dog is covered anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. The annual deductible for all of their plans is only $100 and they reimburse 80% of the total bill.

Their level 1 plan covers only accidents and in my opinion offers the least value.

The level 2 plan covers;


Accidents
Hospitalizations
X-Rays
Surgery
IllnessesThe level three plan adds additional coverage for;


Spaying and Neutering
Standard Vaccines
Annual Physical ExamThe level 4 plan, which I have, also includes coverage for;


Heartworm Prevention
Annual Dental Cleaning
Advanced VaccinesThere is also optional coverage available to cover ongoing illnesses, like diabetes treatment and other long-term illnesses.

In the end the choice of insurance provider is up to you. Just do some research to find the one right for you and your dog. The main thing is having the peace of mind knowing your dog is always covered.

As to the question of whether or not pet insurance will save you money, the only answer I can give is "Maybe". The whole reason for having pet health insurance, as I said, is for peace of mind. If, heaven forbid, your dog is seriously injured or falls ill, it could save you thousands of dollars.

Hopefully your dog will live a happy injury and illness free life. In that case having pet health insurance will save you nothing. The one thing to keep in mind when deciding to have it or not, is "what if?".




Dogs are my passion. I couldn't imagine life without my best friends, that's why I became a DogTek Distributor. If you would like to learn how DogTek products can improve the life of your dog I invite you to visit the safedogcontrol website [http://www.safedogcontrol.com].

I would also like to invite you to download my newest e-book, The Complete K-9 Health Guide [http://www.safedogcontrol.com/k9_health_guide/].




3 則留言:

  1. After reading your blog I got some new information. Really I did not know so deeply this.Thanks for sharing with us. Btw also visit my website
    logo custom

    回覆刪除
  2. This is love, thanks for the share. Also, check this amazing site if you are looking for great products to buy online:

    Online Shopping Website

    回覆刪除
  3. Nice and also helpful post, thanks for the share, if you are looking to Law Coursework Writer then open this link and get up to 7O off.

    回覆刪除